Phineas and Ferb The Complete Series 4 Seasons, 133 Episodes on 10 Blu-ray Discs
The show follows the adventures of stepbrothers Phineas Flynn and Ferb Fletcher who live in the fictional city of Danville, in a (never specified) tri-state area, as they seek ways to occupy their time during their summer vacation. Often these adventures involve elaborate, life-sized and ostensibly dangerous construction projects. Phineas's older sister, Candace Flynn has two obsessions: "busting" Phineas and Ferb's schemes and ideas, and winning the attention of a boy named Jeremy. Meanwhile, the boys' pet platypus, Perry, acts as a secret agent for an all-animal government organization called the O.W.C.A. ("Organization Without a Cool Acronym"), fighting Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz.
Much of the series' humor relies on running gags used in almost every episode, with slight variation. Most episodes follow a pattern:
- Some incident gives Phineas an idea for a project, and he announces, "Hey Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today!"
- Meanwhile, Perry slips away, using one of many hidden tunnels, to a secret underground base. Phineas (or occasionally another character) remarks, "Hey, where's Perry?"
- Major Monogram briefs Perry (whom he calls "Agent P") on his mission; this sometimes amounts to nothing more than "Doctor Doofenshmirtz is up to something; find out what it is, and put a stop to it!"
- Candace sees what the boys are doing, and resolves to tell her Mom to "bust them".
- Perry breaks into the skyscraper office of Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc. (complete with its own easy listening jingle, and variations depending on location and time). Doofenshmirtz traps Perry and explains his current evil plan. Perry escapes the trap and they battle.
- Phineas and Ferb complete their project.
- Mom gets home and Candace thinks that, at last, Mom will see what the boys have been up to and believe her, but just as Mom is about to step into the back yard, all evidence vanishes, usually as a side effect of Doofenshmirtz's device.
- Doofenshmirtz, foiled again, cries out, "Curse you, Perry the Platypus!"
Other running gags:
- An adult asks Phineas if he is rather young to be performing some complex activities; he responds, "Yes, yes, I am" (although the adult never tries to stop the boys from their fun, and Phineas usually has all legal clearance for his ideas to be executed, including building permits.)
- Doofenshmirtz's names for his contraptions all have the same suffix, "-inator", as in Shrinkinator, Giant Dog Biscuit-inator, "Eradicate Rodney's -Inator", etc. Eventually he starts calling them "inators" as a generic term.
- Doofenshmirtz has a daughter, Vanessa, who generally finds his work boring, but sometimes tries to prove to her mother that he is evil. Like Candace, she always fails.
- Ferb rarely speaks more than once in an episode.
- Garden gnomes are often seen or used as plot points.
- Isabella, who has a crush on Phineas, comes into the backyard and asks, "Whatcha doin'?" in a distinctive singsong tone.
- She doesn't like it when other characters (besides Phineas) say that line. For example, in "Suddenly Suzy", after both Suzy and Candace speak that line, Isabella grumbles "Uh, hello!?" and "Do I even need to be here?", respectively
This set contains a Bonus disc that includes the OWCA files and the Movie. The menu system is easy to navigate to each segment within each episode. The set is presented in 720p and the bonus disc is in 1080p.
This set is made with high quality paper, case and media. There is a special 10 disc case that is use to contain the complete series in one set. The screenshots are taken from my 60” LCD TV playing on a standard Blu-ray player. Enjoy.